After studying at Duke University (’79) and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (’84), Bill was involved for eight years in pastoral ministry as a youth minister and church planter. After the heartbreak of a failed church plant, he took a position in 1992 teaching Bible at Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville, TN. During that time, he also coached the boys track and cross country teams. Here he found his quest for the next 20 years — connecting the Bible to the hearts of high school students. But toward the end of that time, he began to feel God’s urging to pursue a new quest. This one would be connecting the Bible to the hearts of men. Despite his initial fear and objections, Bill’s community of men encouraged him to begin something new. So in 2012, Bill left full-time teaching to begin Landmark Journey Ministries.
- http://www.dublinbiblechurch.com/events Iron Men’s Conference on November 7th”- In person ONLY
- https://www.accelevents.com/e/TheManHoleVirtualMensConference The Man Hole Virtual Conference on November 21st- ONLINE ONLY
- To purchase “Heroic” the book
- To connect with Bill, https://landmarkjourneyministries.com/
The biggest “thank you” you could give to the A New Kind of Man team is to share this episode with others on social media, and face and face.
If this show has been helpful or insightful, please subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes.
To get further connected within the New Kind of Man Community, here are some options:
- Follow “A New Kind of Man” on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Share it with friends on your social media feeds.
- Join our private, men’s Facebook group, “New Man Crew.” This group of men is committed to changing the world beginning with themselves, their relationships, their communities, and the world! Big vision, we know. It starts with us.
- Go to www.beanewman.com to join the tribe or sign up for some coaching.
- Subscribe the to New Kind of Man Podcast on Youtube.
- Email Chad to get some personal coaching, email@example.com.
A special thank you to Joseph McDade on allowing us to use his music: Follow his work here: https://www.instagram.com/josephmcdademusic/
All podcast booking requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Kindling Fire (Dads Need a Dad Episode)
- Man Under Construction (Episode 8 & 16)
- Dad in the Trenches (Episode 15)
- The Secure Dad (Episode: Security Ain’t Convenient)
- Legacy Dads (Episode: 85, Are You Bored and Tired?